Saturday, May 2, 2009

Cults cut deep

...ok I'm ready to feel better. Unfortunately today doesn't seem to be the day.

I spoke with the ex (ug it hurts to even type that) & we ended up just getting into it. He still claims to have loved & still love me & want my friendship, yet still doesn't see how I can be a part of his life in the future as a girlfriend or wife.

I've heard of cold feet, but his created a whole new polar ice cap. Doesn't help that he has this new church to back up his insecurities. No matter what, it all boils down to he didn't have any real faith in our relationship, our future or me.

I keep wondering what I could have done differently to encourage him or show my support that we can live happily admist the differences. I keep wondering how I can get him to realize what he is doing by ditching his friend, his dreams & retreating into a place where is focus is just on the church & his relationship with god. I know its (& should always be) important to keep that relationship strong, but I don't believe it should be the ONLY relationship.

My belief is love, real love is rare & truly a gift from the almighty - however you perceive it to be. No good can come from destroying it out of fear.

Anyway... enough of my emotional release.... on to today's sites.

Healthy Faith VS UnHealthy Faith - Judgement of other's beliefs that vary from your own is not healthy.

http://www.howcultswork.com/ - Cults also try to cut you off from your friends and family because they hate others being able to influence you. A mind control cult will seek to manoeuvre your life so as to maximize your contact with cult members and minimize your contact with people outside the group, especially those who oppose your involvement.


I promise I will get back to the fluff. I just need to get this out of my system & express it somewhere. I have hope that one day, my ex will find a way to real happiness.

No comments: