Thursday, August 27, 2009

Nothing taste better than health!

So with listening to all the debate regarding health care and watching my uncle lose his health, it has really been inspiring me to WANT to do more to ensure that I am healthy for as long as I can be. Seems that finding ways to ward off & fight the obesity epidemic which cost the health care system, would be part of the debate but I have yet to hear that part. Til the Feds figure out that connection with the rising cost its up to us to do what we can.

So I want to get back into working out regularly & changing my eating habits. Also I find it raises my spirits to learn to cook a great new meal! Can be a fun event for the night that only cost what you let it with the ingredients!

Last night I made the most delicious meal and had plenty of left overs for today & tonight & maybe tomorrow's lunch as well! So even though the ingredients cost me upfront, it can end up to be a LOT cheaper than a few trips thru a drive through or dinner out AND most importantly healthier & TASTIER! :)

With the success of last night still in the fridge, I am on the hunt for the next great recipe to try.

One advantage of living alone is I can eat whatever I want & try whatever I want without trying to make sure someone else will also eat it. See.... I can be Pollyanna positive about eating alone at home each night!~ ;)

Today's website is CookingLight.com. Where I have found the next recipe to try, I think. I will keep it to myself since I am hoping to post more about it later. I'm ignoring the survey where they say women put staying hydrated as a priority over sex! But there is TONS of great information to be found at this site.

So get in touch with your inner foodie. Take a chance on something new, hopefully healthy, & you just might find yourself loving it! and if you really love it, share it with me!

No comments: