Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Puzzling

With so many things in life that seem to be so hard to figure out, its nice to take a break & solve a few things. A meditative ego boost.

So when is the last time you actually took time to do a puzzle? The jigsaw, picture type?


I have so many memories of a separate table that was out at my grandma's house for holidays or anytime she knew that we were all coming.

It was a great place to have random conversations with whoever. Funny what you learn & confess while looking to fit little chunks of cardboard together to make a copy of the image on the box. All knowing that afterward all you will have left are the memories as it crumbles back into the box.

I wish I had room in my house to set up a puzzle table. Or even one at work in the break room...although that would lead to some really long breaks I'm sure!

Til then, I have
the online version to keep me occupied.

*& WE ALWAYS KNEW WHICH AUNT SNEAKED THE LAST PIECE AWAY SO SHE COULD BE THE ONE TO PUT THE "FINAL" PIECE IN! ;)

1 comment:

Wendy said...

We always had a puzzle out at Thanksgiving and Christmas at my grandma's, too. They were usually way too big to finish though, so no one felt the need to hide the "last piece". I loved doing puzzles...