Wednesday, February 25, 2009

RX: Laughter



It is official, I have the Carolina Crud.

My head is pounding & I just want to curl up & pass out til this is all out of my system. Yuck.


Still I believe that in addition to liquids, rest & vitamins, laughter is the best medicine. Oh & everyone actually WASHING THERE HANDS OFTEN! I highly advise it! The running statistic is that one in five people don't wash their hands when they go to the bathroom! Think about that one for a moment.... ew..

So today the site is Laughter.com, where this made me smile (I would have laughed but it hurts in my chest & I'm too busy coughing):

A man goes into a pet shop to buy a parrot. The shop owner points to three identical birds and says: "The parrot to your left costs $500." The man asks,"Why does the parrot costs so much?" The owner says,"Well, it knows how to use a computer. He can diagnose system bugs." The customer asks about the next parrot and is told,"That one costs $1000 because it can do everything the other parrot can do plus it knows how to configure and use UNIX." Naturally, the increasingly startled man asks about the third parrot and is told, "That one costs $2000." Needless to say, this begs the question, "What can IT do?" The owner shrugs and replies, "To be honest I've never seen it do a thing, but the other two call him Boss!"

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Yup, isn't that the truth?

I hope you feel better soon!