Monday, December 8, 2008

December 8, 2008 - Bike Tire Sandals

Still wondering what to give your friends & family this year.... especially since the budget is already used up? Here's an idea! Sandals....made from old bike tires.

I love anything that encourages people to reuse items that other wise would be on their way to the landfill (think about that term for a moment.... land fill. What happens when it gets FULL?).

The ecochicks at
Green Girls have made a video showing you how easy it is to make these sandals. Don't even need that much equipment. An old bike tire, chalk, pen, paper, a sandal that fits, scissors & an elastic band are all it takes.

Bike Tire Sandals How To

For those of you like me who live at the beach this is some pretty cool stuff. However since at the moment its 36 degrees, I doubt I will be making myself a pair at the moment... maybe this spring.

No comments: