Monday, January 5, 2009

Bird's Eye View

Its National Bird Day, so of course this is another site about birds. :)
I found a website for the DVD series the Life of Birds. I am dying to get this series & watch it. The website has really peaked my interest.

I watched The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill a few months back & loved watching & getting to know the birds. I highly recommend this if you haven't already seen it. Its a great documentary that really pulls the heart strings.

Another great documentary that I highly suggest is Nature's Parrots: Look Who's Talking. Alan Alda host this show which features an appearance of one of my favorite birds in the world, who pass away last year, Alex the African Grey. He is amazing. Irene Pepperburg worked with him for many years & her research as enabled us to better understand just how amazingly intelligent these birds are. If you aren't already familiar with Alex, watch the clip below.



Yes, he was one smart bird.

All of these movies can be watched instantly if you have Netflix.

No comments: