Saturday, January 3, 2009

How Stuff Works

Its been a really long day for me.

One of the things that always brightens my day is birds. In general just the sight of them. In particular, my sweet lil budgie, Bongo.

I'm longing to add more birds to my life. Ever time I get in a pet store I end up wishing I was paid up on all my debt & had enough extra money to affor the large cages & everything else needed to adopt another bird. I long to volunteer with a avian rescue group, but can't seem to find one locally. This just makes me wish I had more space in my house, extra cash & time to start one up. So I dream. Its a great escape from reality.

Googling pet parrots lead me to a site that I like to go on now & then, How Stuff Works. Its a very informative site that answers tons of those off the wall questions that just pop in your head. I love listening to the podcast regularly. Ever wonder how reverse osmosis works? or what would happen if you crossed your eyes for 10 minutes? how about why more women than men have migraines? Will a turkey really drown if it looks up in a rainstorm? Those answers and MANY more can all be found at How Stuff Works.

Unsure about just what you are wondering about? Try the random button at the top right hand side of the screen. You are sure to learn something you didn't know! :)

2 comments:

Wendy said...

MoonGoddess - Would you mind if I put a link to your blog in one of my blog posts(Weight...What?)? Let me know if it's okay. Thanks!

MoonGoddess said...

anytime!

Your blog is great & I look forward hearing more about your pursuit for life, liberty & weight loss... or more about your lil cherub. Sounds like she is very entertaining!