Sunday, March 1, 2009

Can I get yo digits?

well guess who feels almost human today? me!! :) I'm still tired, which is redonkulous since I have barely been doing anything other than sleeping, watching movies & visiting the porcelain goddess to make the requisite sacrifices (oh joy). Even got up to make lunch, roasted chicken breast with rice & gravy. Which will also be leftovers since its still just me around here. Still a gal has to hope that I am getting better & will wake up tomorrow with no feeling of sickness at all.

In checking out Wendy's Weight...What? blog (warning for those who check it out at work - she has automatic music that will play unless you hit the pause button!), I noticed that she mentioned my blog! :) Gotta love it when you know someone actually reads this. Anyway she also linked to another great post, which had a clip from MadTV about a character who is the typical jerk you meet just when you want a bit of time to yourself. Yes ladies the ever annoying Number Collector. He just doesn't seem to take hints & nothing will stop him from reaching his goal, the coveted number. Well, sometimes no thank you doesn't seem to register with these guys, for those times you need back up.

Which is why some blessed soul created the REJECT LINE! or as it is listed in my phone, my friend Rej who I will be staying with & is the best number to reach me at since my cell phone is about to die & oh gee I forgot to pay the bills... yadda yadda yadda... just make up whatever excuse feels comfortable for you. Just give it to the creep gracefully & save you time in dealing with him & it saves him face in front of his friends (which is usually why some of the guys are being so pressing!).

What really matters is that you give him the number. Then they call & are rejected by a recording..... wha wha whaaaaa... hilarious. yeah I called it a few times & about wet my pants laughing at the different options.

Many, many thanks to the girl who enlightened me to the magical protective powers of the reject line. LOVE IT!

ok ok, it is technically called the Rejection Line, but I have been calling it the reject line so long that just doesn't seem right to say it the other (correct) way!

huh? say you want the number? well here you go: 212-479-7990, or you can check out the pay for one that is more local to your area (there is even one in Dublin!).

You can thank me later! ; )

2 comments:

Wendy said...

So tell me... Do you like chocolate? Can you say "Winner!!!"? Send me your mailing info to weightwhat(at)hotmail(dot)com and you'll have something yummy coming your way!

MoonGoddess said...

SWEET!!!

You just made a frustrated gal at work smile & do a lil chair dance!

THANK YOU!