Saturday, April 18, 2009

NO to HR669

So today's post is a plea for action.

There is a bill in congress right now that could ban any non-native species. This means that if you have pets that wouldn't naturally be found on US soil, you could be fined/imprisoned for buying, selling, breeding or transporting them across state lines!

Tell the fish in my aquarium not to breed because I can't afford the fine?! riiiiiight.

Want more info? So would I.



Check out the information & then decide for yourself.

I for one already have emailed my state representative & plan to continue to do so. I love my birds, fish & dog way too much to let this pass. Its just wrong. What next? Ship off all non-native people, we are animals too.

Legislation likes this makes me want to jump this ship anyhow! Argh!

Some links mentioned in the video above:

Pijac - Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council


& most importantly:
www.nohr669.com

Another great link is to Govit, where you can make your voice hear through an online voting, but you still should send your opinion to your representatives! You can do both at this site.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Why, why, why would someone even put this bill out there? It's absolutely ridiculous! And to take away the pet and destroy them? What good would that do? What about zoos and aquariums? Will they have to be shut down? It's just plain stupid.

MoonGoddess said...

It is insanely stupid, which is why I want everyone I know to know about it & speak out.

My understanding is that they want to protect the natural animals of the area, but if people are responsible & don't release them into the wild (which unfortunately some do) then everything is fine. Since some are released then they can find their place in the food chain & can throw it off balance.

Still.. our pets are family! & should stay so.